Menu Close

November 2

ᐉᐉᐉNovember 2 A Florida Man’s Death Was Caused by an Exploding

An autopsy found that an exploded e-cigarette earlier this month caused the death of a Florida man.

According to the autopsy report, 38-year-old Talmadj D’Eliya died on May 5 from a piece of an electronic cigarette that pierced his head.

His body was found in a burning house in St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg police said.

According to the autopsy report, D’Eliya sustained thermal injuries to approximately 80 percent of his body, including his chest, shoulder, abdomen, back, arm and hand.

According to the autopsy report, the death was considered accidental.

“This is a terrible shock,” his father, Christopher D’Elia, told ABC WFTS’s Tampa Bay affiliate earlier this month. “A 38-year-old man shouldn’t leave, and his mother and I are devastated.”

“Anyone who has lost a son does not want anyone else to lose a child to something like this,” he said.

Christopher D’Elia, who described his son as smart and talented, said of Talmadge D’Elia’s e-cigarette use: “I didn’t find what he was doing attractive and I asked him not to do it at home because I didn’t like the smell, and he didn’t like it. His mother and I were not at home, so he may have used it inside. ”

A report from the US Fire Department, which looked at incidents from 2009 to 2016, found that e-cigarette battery fires or explosions were rare; however, the shape and construction of e-cigarettes can cause them to act like “flaming rockets” when the battery dies.

The report states that at the time of writing, no one has died from fires or e-cigarette explosions in the United States.

Every Day is Florida Man Day:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Posting....
Exit mobile version